“Bettman has only a marginal interest in the weaker teams. He only wants the NHL to make a bigger profit as a whole.” -- Dominik Hasek

June 12, 2007

Gary Bettman Receives Well-Deserved $2 Million Raise

For his tireless work to promote the National Hockey League and further solidify ice hockey as the number one professional sport in both Canada and the United States, for his efforts to make Sidney Crosby and other young NHL stars more popular than Peyton Manning and LeBron James among regular folk, and for his unending dedication to concentrating player talent in only the strongest markets with the best attendance, commissioner Gary Bettman received a $2 million raise.

Except that he hasn't done any of that. And he still gets the raise.

I would have made a post about this yesterday but I was busy screaming and throwing things around my house in outrage. Will someone please tell me why the hell he didn't get $6 million?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that headline and couldn't believe it at first! glad to see your second paragraph :)

Bettman's gotta go!

http://www.FireBettman.com

Anonymous said...

Maybe he would have gotten $6 million if he found an even more obscure network for the tv contract than Versus.

Sigh.

Dear Lord Stanley said...

I think the best network for hockey would be ESPN 8 "The Ocho".

Jibblescribbits said...

Hmm maybe I should work for the NHL..

I could do what Bettman has done for that amount.

Post Archive

Topic Guide

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com