“Bettman has only a marginal interest in the weaker teams. He only wants the NHL to make a bigger profit as a whole.” -- Dominik Hasek

June 21, 2007

Goats Part II: Down The Media Memory Hole

(Dater VS ESPN, Round 2)

After causing
an immediate blog frenzy by posting a foaming rant against the evils of ESPN, Avalanche beat writer Adrian Dater has apparently been censored by his employer, the Denver Post, upon whose web site he posted his spastic emotional outburst. The first post (the rant itself) and the follow-up post (the clarification of---but not apology for---the rant) have both been yanked from the site.

Because I care about historical preservation, and because I figured this would happen, I made a copy of the initial post (the rant) the second I started reading it. I have saved it in convenient jpeg format, for posterity, and will soon be submitting it to the National Archives.

Click here for the full text of his initial rant, via screenshot.

Don't thank me all at once.

Sadly, I was not so foresighted to make a copy of the follow-up post, but such is life. I'm sure somebody has a screenshot or an html copy lying around.

4 comments:

Jibblescribbits said...

I wish you (or Ior someone) would have been able to save that second post, I think goes into really what he was upset about, and it was a much more rational discussion point. Not that the Rant wasn't good, it really was, but the second post would lend itself to a better discussion.

Dear Lord Stanley said...

Yeah, to be honest, I didn't think they would take down the second post---it was far less inflammatory.

Live and learn.

Unknown said...

Dater is certainly right on, but one has to wonder if he was rejected by ESPN 1 or more times for a position.

Dear Lord Stanley said...

I don't know, but I don't think it's necessarily born from rejection. It seems as though he's sick of hearing from various colleagues out there journalismville how awesome ESPN is.

Post Archive

Topic Guide

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com