“Bettman has only a marginal interest in the weaker teams. He only wants the NHL to make a bigger profit as a whole.” -- Dominik Hasek

May 4, 2007

I Should Shut My Mouth



I really need to quit rooting for teams other than the Avalanche, since I seem to doom them all to early playoff exits. Come to think of it, maybe my support is what doomed the Avs, too. Damn.

I was originally rooting for Pittsburgh and Nashville, and they both lost in the first round. Then I picked the Canucks as one of my favorites. Now they're gone.

With all other series being up in the air at this point, I want to extend a preemptive apology to Ottawa, Buffalo and San Jose, who are all now going to lose because of me. Sorry guys. I meant well.

4 comments:

Jibblescribbits said...

Hmm, maybe it's time for drastic measures...

Cheer for that team up North?

Dear Lord Stanley said...

Are you suggesting that I root for Detroit, who I am obligated to hate for all eternity, in order to make them lose?

I don't know, that kind of mental inconsistency might just make my head explode.

Jibblescribbits said...

Well only if it makes them lose.

If they win you might have to burn your clothes and end up crying in the shower like Ace Ventura when he found out Einhorn was a man.

Miss. Scarlett said...

As a Senators fan, I demand you take it back. :P

Topic Guide

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com