“Bettman has only a marginal interest in the weaker teams. He only wants the NHL to make a bigger profit as a whole.” -- Dominik Hasek

June 16, 2007

Choice Beats And A Short Break

Several weeks ago I made a post about hockey's once-cool perception in American pop culture during the early 1990s. I posted the video for Snoop Dogg's famous song "Gin And Juice" in which he wore a Penguins jersey throughout. I submit to you another example---A Tribe Called Quest's video for the song "Oh My God" from 1993. In it, Phife Dawg wears a Devils jersey customized with his own name.



Side Note: I'll be at the US Grand Prix in Indianapolis this weekend, so DLS will be quiet for a couple of days. Try not to miss me too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well darn, American Black men supporting Hockey? wow...I am not being racist here by far but it use to be NHL stuff, but now it seems it's NASCAR apperal especially jackets, wearing M+M jackets and Dale Earnhardt or Jeff Gordon (even those rainbow ones) to be cool....yeesh...hate that kinda stuff...

Good reads! I have created a blog spot my self check it out sometime

http://flyerflies.com/blogs/FlyersPhan00/

The Phanatic

Brittany Day said...

Thanks for ssharing this

Post Archive

Topic Guide

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com